Ask An Esthetician

Posted by Michelle Welch In | 0 comments»
Fall is here! With it comes smells of cinnamon, vanilla extract, pumpkin everything & hopefully wet pavement (my favorite smell). As the seasons change, so often your skin does as well. It just got used to sweating regularly and now it has to get used to evaporating moisture. Every season effects our skin differently. If you're a combination type- get ready to dry out a little bit & develop more breakouts around the nose and hairline. If you're already very dry- get those emollients on often- never fall for the barrier promise of Evain hydrating spray. If you're oily- lucky you- this might be your season of regularity. We're all different and are effected by weather changes differently.

Here are some products I love for the fall- my skin is many things: I use products for preventative aging, hydration & california climate control. I am normally combo/dry all year round:



Ruby Mint Lipbalm via Lulu Organics

As a child I was prone to getting a red ring around my mouth where I would use my tounge to attempt to hydrate. I could've prevented the entire fiasco had I used a lip balm without any kind of petroleum, which masks the problem but doesn't solve it. This lip balm softens the area under and on top of the skin.




Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant via Eminence Organics

I was actually taught the benefits of this exfoliant by Boldijarre Koronczay, the owner and founder of Eminence Organics. He's an absolute doll & is truly passionate about what he's doing with skin care. Why do I love this product? Well, first of all, I'm an exfoliant junkie. Studying skin care, I've really learned the crud that can build up and into your skin should you forget to clean it out. The SRD contains Salicylic acid that gently exfoliates and removes impurities to brighten skin and shrink pores. It also contains...

  • Rhubarb: astringent and disinfectant; healing and a good source of ascorbic acid and Vitamin C
  • Rice: gentle exfoliant; buffs and smoothes skin texture
  • Chickpea Flour: tightens pores; absorbs excess oil and helps to buff and smooth skin
  • Thermal Mud: mineral-rich, volcanic origin mud; has deep cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing and regenerative properties
  • Oats: moisturizing and softening; help absorb and remove surface dirt and impurities while providing very gentle exfoliation
  • Biocomplex™: an antioxidant booster of Vitamins A, Ester C, E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid; delivers a balanced mix of essential antioxidants and effectively combats free radicals 

I know this is a lot of information, but I just get so excited when I come across products like this one!



Overnight Repair Serum via Dermalogica

Well hello tiny little bottle of hope! I went to the launch for this product in August & was honestly not knowing what to expect. I'd researched the ingredients and the idea sounded legitimate but only the ultimate test would tell me. Being so dry all of the time, I've always loved the idea of oil based moisturizers. Essential oils have been my best friend since I was a teenager and this product by dermalogica is no different. So let me see, I have to put this on before I go to sleep & I wake up with makeup ready skin? I'm sorry... but I don't see the down side. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment