Holy Curried Bratwurst Batman!

Posted by Michelle Welch In , , | 0 comments»

Our home is coming along so nicely. It's amazing what you already have in your home that simply isn't being utilized properly. For example, the boxy white shelf we got from ikea has been sitting horizontally as a TV stand for months taking up tons of room. I simply stood it upright, put in all of my glassware and put it in our dining area. Now I have so much more room in my cupboards for pots & pans and the whold living room isn't being taken up by a shelf! More pictures soon of the apartment. More painting this weekend (little does my husband know). 


Last night was a blast! First off, I finally got to visit Le Pink & Co. Apothecary! It was everything I imagined it would be! Essential oils, eminence skin care, red velvet cake lip balm with no petroleum or parabens. *Sigh*, If I was ever banished to Los Angeles this is where I would want to work. They were even selling vintage goodies like plastic horses, colorful dolls, ceramic lambs... seriously this is what heaven would look like to me. It's my big girl candy store!


We were running short on time before the show so we had to find somewhere close by to eat. My husband detests vegan food (boo) so he hunted down Berlin Currywurst. Yes, bratwurst with red curry on top- it's seriously as delicious as it sounds. What a treat! Jeremy was excited to pronounce everything in German, of course. I was excited to eat! This place was great- I highly recommend it to anyone who already loves wurst. 



We rushed over to the El Rey- the show didn't actually start until 10:15p! They said the girls of Nouvelle Vague had a hard time getting through customs & were running late for the show (it was 7p). Seeing as we had another show to get to at 9p there was no way we could stay. The show wouldn't even finish until 12a! We had tickets to see Painted Palms at the Echo so we went over there instead. They put on a great show- I really liked their sound and the Echo is always fun. It's so strange to watch these 'kids' - everyone seemed so young to us. It's weird how that happens. We realized recently that we haven't been part of the college demographic for a long time now. I'm enjoying growing up- I honestly cannot wait until my 30's! So the best part of the evening was meeting up with the Dangers! Our friends Lulu & Jeremy Danger (one of our favorite married couples) met us for drinks at The Thirsty Crow! They are both talented individuals who are always tons of fun to see. It was a really fancy night in a really fancy city. Thank you Los Angeles, it was a pleasure as always. 

Happy Weekend 
XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment