How To Fool Yourself

Posted by Michelle Welch In , , | 0 comments»
I wish that today was full of rainbows. I would've needed them. I always want to make sure what I write is up-beat and honest (like myself) but I suppose things can't always come from a genuinely good place. What oh what can put me back into place? Why food of course! A recipe by the author of one of my favorite books... 'French Women Don't Get Fat', Mireille Guiliano. Her nationwide best seller not only includes fairly simple and more than reasonable delicious recipes but a how-to on how to indulge daily while maintaining a svelte, french, feminine figure! It works! And it's delicious. Two of my favorite combinations. And really, the only thing that can pull me out of my emotional day.



The recipe is very simple. You'll need: 

4 Medium Pork Chops
4 Whole Cloves
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine (Or Vermouth)
4 Celery Leaves
2 Bay Leaves
4 Celery Stalks, Washes & Finely Diced
1 Tablespoon of Butter
2 Apples, Cored and coarsely sliced
1 Tablespoon of Brow Sugar
4 Oz. of Jarlsberg Cheese, Coarsely Grated

1. Preheat the oven to to 375 degrees. Butter a baking pan and place the pork chops in it.

2. Press a clove into each chop. Add the white wine, celery leaves, and bay leaves and put the pan in the preheated oven. Bake the chops for 30 minutes.



3. While the pork chops are baking, in a frying pan sauté the diced celery in the butter for 5 minutes, and then add the sliced apples and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Continue cooking under very low heat for 10 minutes or until the apples are tender but not mushy.

4. Finish the pork chops by removing the bay and celery leaves and sprinkling the cheese over the top of each chop, baste and then broil for a few minutes to brown the top.




5. Serve the celery-apple mixture on the same plate as an accompaniment to the pork chops. Use a few spoons of pan juices to further flavor celery-apple mixture.

To round out this meal you can start with a consomm and end with a custard.

Viola! Absolutely delicious! I had a serving, my husband had two and there was one left for my lunch tomorrow. What an adventure and excellent way to take my mind off of my petty concerns. Nothing is more important when there's food in the making!


C'est la vie! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment