Concerts In the Dark

Posted by Michelle Welch In , , | 2 comments»


On Thursday we're going to the Ooh La L.a. Festival out in Los Angeles! My darling husband called in to KUCR (a local college station) and won tickets to see Nouvelle Vague in their production of 'Dawn of Innocence', a musical directed by JC De Castelbajac. I am terribly excited at this venture and hope to stop into several museums nearby. Living only 40 minutes away from the heart of Los Angeles, you'd think we'd visit there more often! Alas, the curse has slowly descended upon us. Granted we don't sit at home with our TV dinners hoping to catch Dancing with the Stars... we would prefer to make some type of cheese based main course with spices, drink our Pinot Noir & catch up on  True Blood or fall back on an old favorite: The Empire Strikes Back. We are definitely homebodies now, though. It'll be nice to get out and do something new.
Today I plan to put up some hooks in the kitchen for my aprons, get a beautiful pink dress I found years ago to the tailor so he can fix the zipper & go to a farmers market out in Rancho to get the freshest pick of some eggs & tomatoes. Also, I'm thinking I need some azaleas on our table right now. I'm not in the spa again until Friday so until then I plan to be productive, creative and dreamy. I'm so glad it's Tuesday- I love Tuesday.

UPDATE:

Well, shoot. My handsome husband has a magical phone. Seriously! He's never called in to win tickets & not been the lucky winner! Three bands we adore: Painted Palms, Pepper Rabbit & Braids are playing at the Echo & of course he called into KSPC Claremont & won us tickets. The only problem is that the show is also this Thursday evening. Can I just say that I love our conundrums...

We've decided to go to the Nouvelle Vague show that starts at 7pm & even if the show ends at 9pm we can still go over to the Echo to catch part of the show over there. We're going to have a magical los angeles evening under the stars.

Lucky Us! 

2 comments:

Brynna Says:

wow, what a lucky guy! i wish i won things more often. have fun!

Michelle Welch Says:

i know! we haven't paid for a live show in SO long. I don't know how he does it!

Post a Comment